Donating is another way to help this ministry. Financial contributions are always welcome and can be made to a partner congregation with a memo line designation: Freedom Bus Ministry. Partner congregations are listed below.
We also accept in-kind donations of the following items:
- Women’s flip flops, sandals, athletic shoes, and sneakers.
- Umbrellas and winter coats or jackets.
- Travel, hotel, or sample size toiletries such as soap, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, and lotion. Hairbrushes and toothbrushes can be full size.
- Totes and travel bags, no larger than carry-on size.
- Small devotionals, such as Upper Room, Secret Place, Guideposts, etc. You can recycle these by donating to the bus ministry when you are finished with them. Dates don’t matter.
Please keep in mind when collecting in-kind donations that these women are preparing to travel by bus. They don’t want to dress up, they just want to look normal and feel comfortable. They have to carry everything and they don’t have space for extra clothes beyond what they put on their backs or for full size bottles of shampoo or other toiletries. In kind donations can be dropped off at a partner congregation.